Sunday, April 27, 2014

{American Blogger}

Have ya'll heard about this movie? 

It's called American Blogger and it documents Christopher Wiegand driving all around the United States talking to bloggers.


Some of them I've heard of...some of them not so much. 

But boy did it touch me in so many ways! 

Most people in my neck of the woods don't get my blog. They don't get why I would share so much information into this huge massive void. 

And sometimes I wonder too.

Why am I sharing so much information with friends, family, acquaintances, and complete strangers? 

This movie reminded me of why I started this journey...and why, even through the tough times, I need to continue on. 

Blogging is all about the journey. Documenting. Sharing. Inspiring. And being vulnerable. 

At times, I feel the weight and pressure of this blog. And sometimes I feel completely bogged down by the feeling of inadequacy.

It's so easy to compare lives, and feel like you're just not doing enough...or what you are doing isn't good enough. 

But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm so thankful to have this part of our lives documented so we can remember.

I'm thankful for a husband who is okay that I share me/our dirty laundry on the web. 

I'm thankful for a husband who supports me, loves me, and takes care of me when I have break downs. 

And I'm thankful for a husband who constantly reminds me that I.Am.Good.Enough.

And I'm thankful for all of my followers.

Thanks for reading and supporting...you mean a whole lot to me!  

American Blogger also put a pit in my stomach. 

A pit that has been there for a while, and creeps out every now and then. 

A pit that tells me that I need to share some tough stuff. 

As a blogger, you typically have lots of unpublished posts. 

Sometimes I have four or five posts in the works at one time. 

Right now I have one...and I think it's about time to hit publish. 

So once I get the courage to do that...I pray that it speaks to someone...gives hope...or encouragement. 

I pray that I feel a weight lifted off of my shoulders to get that off my chest. 

And I pray that I get to publish another post in the future sharing the other side. 

So be on the lookout...it's coming at you very soon!


Happy Sunday Friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment