Thursday, August 23, 2012

{Party Planning: An Around The Clock Bridal Shower}

Hello blogger friends! I have a semi-quick post today because I am up to my eyeballs in things to do before I meet my kiddo's parents on Sunday! Can. Not. Wait! 

But today, I have something very special to share! My sister and I just hosted a bridal shower for one of my cousins who is getting married! She's precious, and this wedding is going to be precious...so this shower had to be spectacular!  

We went with an around the clock shower. Everyone gets a time of day, and you buy a present for that specific time of day {i.e. 8:00 AM could be some cereal bowls and spoons.} 

A lot of people get confused because they think they have to show up to the party at that time of day...not the case. 

So we went with this invitation and used the colors of orange, pink, and yellow. Bright, summery, and fun! 


I love balloons because they scream festive. Like I said in this post, some people hate them...I love them! 


My talented mother {hey mom!} made this cute little wreath with some on-sale Hob Lob flowers and some burlap. 


I adore making banners, like this one I made for our Anniversary Photo Shoot! In fact I'm going to do a little tutorial next week on how I make my banners. So stay tuned for that! 


Here is our little dessert table. Another banner...I know...when I start I just can't stop! 


Here's a little party planning tip! Do bite sized everything so you don't need to use silverware! It makes cleaning up a breeze. In the end someone brought a carrot cake, but all of our desserts were bite sized and adorable. 

We had Mini German Chocolate Cupcakes {family recipe- mom made!}, Mini Blackberry Cupcakes with Caramel Icing {family recipe- mom made!}, and Chocolate Cake Balls {Lelia made} 

Totally threw my "have different flavors" rule out for this shower...chocolate all the way! 


Look at this shot of the cake pops with their gorgeous engagement photo behind...have to admit...I was impressed with my skills! 


Are they not precious? And my little birdies made another appearance at this shower! 


We love using glassware! Here are our three cute little bite sized desserts! I may have eaten four or five of those blackberry cupcakes...okay maybe even more than that...


We used lots of tired cake pedestals to create different levels for the desserts. 


Love my mason jars...and stripy straws! 


How gorgeous are they? Lulu's...you never cease to amaze me!  


Thanks Catherine for being my model! Side note...how cute is her dress? 


Our food table. Lots of yummy munchies! 


We are big fans for cheeses, so we almost always do a cheese bar. Go to the grocery store, pick out a few fun cheeses, a fruit preserve, and some crackers. You're good to go! 


BLT bites...so delicious and easy! 


And lastly, the favors...from The BonBonerie...delicious and pretty! 


A few snapshots from the night! 


The beautiful bride and her future mother-in-law! 

Charley, thank you so much for letting us be apart of your engagement fun! We had a blast planning this! 


Check back on Monday to hear how we used these in one of the two amazing games we played during the shower! 


Any ever been to an amazing shower and pull some great inspiration? If so, I'd love to hear about it! 





3 comments:

  1. Soooo, I'm officially going to hire you for my next party! You're good at this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I love doing it! I probably spend too much time dreaming about entertaining!!

      Delete
  2. The food was great which was unexpected with such a large crowd. Everything was very tasty and presented well. The servers were attentive, efficient, and poised.
    Las Vegas Weddings

    ReplyDelete