Monday, January 27, 2014

{January Project...Check}

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

One of our New Years Resolutions was to complete one project a month. 

I shared that we decided our first project would be building some storage for our garage. 

Between my mom putting her house on the market and us re-doing our basement, our garage has turned into our family storage area. For a few months it's been craziness, so once the snow hit {oh my goodness...so much snow already this year!} we decided we needed to get this space into shape so we can park at least one car in the garage! 

So Wendel went to work whipping up this beauty. We followed this tutorial, but changed up our measurements to make the best use of the space we had.

The cost of the materials came in at around $100, which is not cheap by any means, but less than buying a buying a pre-made shelf. Plus, this fits perfectly in our space and holds more than my brain can understand! 

{Oh and warning...this is not pretty...it's functional. These crazy bloggers who can turn their toilet bowl into a work of art annoy me. Not everything has to be perfectly pretty. My car doesn't need a pretty home.}

Anyhoo...boom...here he is. We'll call him Eduardo...Eduardo Wendel. 


The best part of this whole thing is that if Wendel gets into trouble...he has a place to sleep in the garage...thumbs up! 


And a few hours later, we had our things packed away, organized, and labeled !


We were able to fit our containers in two rows, I put a piece of duck tape on the shelf, labeling what was in each row. 

Oh and the black bag...filled with nerf guns. Normal people have a bag full of nerf guns right? And we might have matching nerf shirts...embarrassing? Nope.



We were even able to add some storage on the side. Making the most out of this little space. And there's our movie sign we made. A tutorial will happen this spring for that little ditty! 


We found a lot of crazy things while organizing. 

Like my husband has a ton of freaking knifes...ridiculous! 


And Wendel's cute little woodworking apron from when we was little...which is a bib on me now. 


We also did some organizing of my wreaths. I'm very aware that I have a problem. I blame it on my mom.   


We still have things on the other side of the garage to get to. Things to sell, things to get back to my mom, and a pile of scrap wood that Wendel refuses to get rid of. 


Oh and here's the other end of the wall where the big storage shelf is. This is the tool bench that Wendel's dad built him, and shockingly this is very organized! And that's a sliding door from upstairs...not really sure why we still have it. But there it is! 


Well...so glad I got to introduce you Eduardo. He's a gem. And we love him! 

January project...donezo! Woo hoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment