Tuesday, February 26, 2013

{Valentine's Day Decorating...A Few Weeks Late}

We finally built the shelves that were on our 2012 and 2013 To Do List! 

I can't even explain how thrilled I am with these beauties! 

We finished them this weekend...and yes I decorated them for Valentine's Day...almost two weeks late. 

I'm strange I know! 

We had the best of plans to get them done before Valentine's Day, but just didn't. 

So I had things ready and I didn't get to use them...first world problems, right? 

But look at these beauties...seriously, right? 


Here are a few details for you!

I made these little numbered envelopes with aspirations of writing "sweet nothings" for Wendel to read each day. 

Didn't get that done...maybe next year, right? 

I made them with coin envelopes, numbers from my cricut, and some wasabi tape from Target. 


The ribbon garland came from Michael's...$7.00...can't get much better than that, right? 

The mailboxes were for us to stuff our gifts in...of course they didn't get used either. Oh well! 

Mail boxes are the ever popular ones from Target and they are sitting on candle sticks that are from Goodwill. 


The vinyl came from House of Smiths and the plates from Target. 

I made the little felt ball using this method. I was going to make a few more, but was other than after making half of one :) 


The tower thing was from Hob Lob I think...like three years ago...maybe?


We installed hooks on both shelves for easy hanging of banners and garland. 


And I just can't do without some stripy straws! These are from Michael's


Don't worry...I have a post in the works sharing all of the fun details of building these beauties! 

Stay tuned tomorrow to see the first Pinterest Challenge that we've actually completed! Woo hoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment