Monday, February 25, 2013

{Celebrating Valentine's Day}

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays...well let's be honest...I love all holidays! 

Any excuse to have themed fun is a thumbs up in my books!

This year we celebrated a week early because I was going to be in NYC {read about that here}

Wendel surprised me with a romantic meal at a restaurant we've been wanting to try!

Boca is a very popular place in Cincinnati that specializes in Italian fair and good wine...can't go wrong, right?

Well let me tell you...it was one of the best meals we've ever had!


{Wendel can't take a normal picture...sorry...one of these days he'll learn!}

I didn't take tons of pictures of the meal, but just trust me...it was delicious! 

If you're in the Cincinnati area, we highly recommend it! 

Let's move on to more important thing...what I wore :) 

Last year I bought this crazy obnoxious blouse and was too scared to wear it :) 

But this year, I got the guts to bring it out! 

I did another look with this shirt...a more casual look but totally chickened out because I don't have typical super skinny blogger legs...

Can we just ask those bloggers to tell us how they get their legs to so tiny...ugh! 

Anyhoo...here you go! 

Oh and just don't mind my crazy bangs...I'm in major need of a hair cut!


My grandmother's earrings that my mom surprised me with for our date night :) Thanks mom! 


J Crew Factory bracelet...


My ring was getting a little tune up so I picked up this $10 ring at Charming Charlies :) 


Top: Forever 21 {old} Skirt: Target {recent; seen here too} Tights: Target {recent} 
 Boots: WideWidths.com {old} Coat: Old Navy {old} Clutch {no clue} Watch: Fossil 
Bracelet: J Crew Factory {old} Nail Polish: Essie Earrings: Grandma Vintage 

And oh course I can't just stop at a fancy dinner...I have to do other Valentine's themed thing...because like I say quite often...I have too much time on my hands! 

Hot coco with heart shaped Peeps


Valentine's tortilla chips...ya'll...so good and easy! 


A Valentine's themed lunch for Wendel

{Side note...people on Instagram were quite worried about Wendel getting made fun of at work. Numero Uno: Wendel doesn't really have friends...aww my poor techy computer husband. Numero Dos: I really don't think Wendel would even care haha}


A little heart shaped dinner...Chicken noodle soup {attempted those heart shaped carrots...not even close but oh well} with a salad and those tortilla chips. 


Oh actual Valentine's Day, we were watching my nieces and nephews for a few nights...so not a lot of romance. But on Valentine's day I came home to take a shower and walked into this...

Flowers, chocolate covered strawberries, new nail polish and a pretty new bracelet...too sweet! 


And I can't not share some cute things from school! 

I mean...these moms! They kill me! Heart shaped pizza, heart shaped cheese...and she was upset because she forgot her heart shaped fruit. So cute I was dying! 


Their little Valentine's monsters to put there Valentine's in! Thanks Teacher Wife for this idea! 


And I have to leave you with this Valentine's cuteness! 


Did ya'll do anything amazing for Valentine's Day? Get anything super special? 

No comments:

Post a Comment