Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{The Greatest Classroom On Earth!}

Come One, Come All To The Greatest Classroom On Earth! 

Eee! So excited to be sharing this all with you! We had our first day of school yesterday, and omiword...it was a blast! 

We sang, danced, giggled, and learned the entire time! I had the best time and was exhausted by the end of my two classes! 

Before I "show you the goods", let me explain to you my class! I teach PreK and I teach two, 2.5 hour classes! Way too little time for me to fit everything I want in...but that's the amazing challenge of it all! 

Needless to say, the day FLIES by and there isn't a moment spared! 

Without further adieu...welcome to our classroom!

Our sweet little wreath! 



I made the pendent bunting, my mom made the curtains, and the poms from an etsy shop, but I can't remember which one! Etsy has tons of pom makers, so pick one! I love me a good pom! 


Right when you walk into our classroom you see our classroom schedule, our behavior chart, and our paint shirts! 


This is the wall that has all of our safety things and our attendance charts! 


This is our classroom bulletin board! 

Yes, they are not straight. And yes it is driving me crazy! But I just haven't taken the time to fix it! All in good time right? 

This is where we will put our art work for the week. 

Week number 1 is the little bluebird you see on the top left hand corner. The wings open to show their picture and on the wings they write two things they love! Too sweet! 


Our calendar time area. Don't let this small area fool you...some big time learning happens here! 


This is our little chart for the kids to know which center they are going to each day! I can't remember where I got these printables! If I find out where, I'll let you know! 



My small group table/desk. Love that I finally have my very own kidney table! I'm obsessed...


This was Wendel's bookcase! I have some room to grow, and then there's the tool box with a lot of our office supplies! Love the organization! 


Here are our rules thanks to Cara Carol


Our dramatic play/house center. I can't wait to fill those walls with colorful anchor charts throughout the year!  


The sweet little dress up box that Wendel made me! Got the inspiration from Pinterest...of course! 



Our storage closet. These doors will be filling with all of the scripture verses we learn throughout the year! Our first two are "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" and "Be kind and loving to one another." 


And here she is all organized and labeled! I went a tab label crazy! 


I wish you could have seen this puppy pre-Lelia! It. Was. Scary! Here's a picture after I had already been working on it! 

It was stuffed full! A tad crazy to say the least! 


I am obsessed with our chevron letters from Cara Carol! That girl knows what she's doing! 


My filing cabinet. This thing is ultra organized...maybe a little OCD organized, but oh well! 


Soooooo pretty! 


This is our bookcase of our letter bins. Every bin is for a different letter and has tons of objects for us to explore that start with that letter.  


Our manipulative bookcase with a little curtain my mom made! 


When the kiddos come in, they go to their hook, put their bag on the hook, and put on their name tag! 

This is only half of my early morning class. There is another wall of hooks for the rest of the kids! 


This is my super mid-morning crew! 


We are also going a timeline! Need to print off pictures from the first day! 


On the first day, I had a few gifts for people! 

Some Raspberry Oatmeal Bars {delicious!} wishing the teachers that there first day was "berry sweet!" 


A cup with some Crystal Light packets for my amazing assistants! 


And some sweet sunglasses to prepare the kiddos for the "bright" year ahead from Cara Carol's Saved By The Bell Packet


First day of school! Loved every second of it! It's going to be an amazing year! 


6 comments:

  1. This is SO adorable! It's official, I'm bringing my future children to you so you can teach them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well move on up North and I'd be happy to :)

      Delete
  2. And the room is even cuter in person! You're doing a great job! I've heard good things already from my Mommy friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is sooo cute and organized, Lelia! These kids are truly blessed that you're their teacher! You're going to do so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Organized is for sure something I am! I'm having an absolute blast so far!

      Delete