Wednesday, March 5, 2014

{I've Got Big Calves And I Can Not Lie}

So let's talk boots for a moment...

Now I know that it's about to be spring, but this is a great time to buy boots. This is the time of year where I typically pick up a pair of boots to replace a pair that have been worn down! We all know we have at least one pair that is about to bust at any moment!

While I really love tall boots, the face of the matter is that I have large calves. Who's with me? Anyone? They measure about 16 1/2 inches, and typical boots measure at about 14 1/4 inches...so I have a pretty terrible time finding boots in a store.

After far too many tearful experiences, and hearing about WideWidths.com from the woman Oprah herself, my mom graciously allowed me to purchase a pair {this was in high school...when Lelia had no moola of her own}

WideWidths.com caters their boots to wide and extra wide boots of all varieties. They have a huge selection of fashionable and great quality boots to help us curvy girls out! They are however, not cheap. They range anywhere from $100 and $200, but I've bought a few pairs from Wide Widths {I think three all together} and they have held up for more than 5 years!


I've tried DSW, and had success once in their store. Last winter, they just happened to have 1 pair of brown riding boots that were wide calved and in my size. I'd say that was God wanting to experience a boot shopping experience without ending in tears. You've seen them herehere, and here.

If you go online, there are many more options! I'll be honest though most of their boots are only 15 1/2 inches in circumference, so I couldn't wear them...but if you measure around 15 inches, then you'd be good to go!


One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six

Zappos.com is another option for your wide calf boot needs! I just bought these a few weeks ago and I'm loving them!

So if you have wide calves...have no fear! You can wear cute boots, and not shed a tear!

Anyone else had success with wide calf boots? Share your wisdom! We'd all love to know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment