Wednesday, June 19, 2013

{Bar-ing It Up For Father's Day}

Yup...we hit up some bars for Father's Day...

An omelet and waffle bar that is!

See how I did that...made you think we were hitting up bars...on a Sunday...on Father's Day...anyone? 

Anyhoo, my sister and I like to go big or go home...so we planned some "bar hopping" for the dads/men in our lives and it wasn't your typical "bar hopping" 

We set up two brunch bars at our house and let me tell you...it was a hit! 

First up was the omelet bar...


All you had to do was fill out your wish list...and tape it to the microwave...

You could obviously go as crazy with this as you want...we were lazy and only had a few ingredients, but you do add any of the following: olive tapenade, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, chives, avocado...the list goes on and on! 


A few minutes later, your omelet was ready to eat! 


My sister and brother-in-law headed up the omelets...he offered...we wouldn't make him work on Father's Day! 


Then we had the waffle bar! Everyone got to make their own waffle with all the fixings {including doughnut holes...of course} Again, the options are endless. We went simple again, chocolate chips, butter, bananas, and maple syrup. We have lots of nut allergies so we stay clear of nuts for family affairs, but here are some more options: blueberry syrup, peanut butter, butterscotch,  blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, NUTELLA...mmm....nutella. 



Yeah...I'm a little strange ya'll...excuse me! 


Look at that steam! We got this waffle iron as a wedding present, and it's amazing! You put the mix in and then a light comes on when it's done...no burning! 


And we may have had mimosas...which I promise there was champagne for...it just didn't make it out in time for the pictures.






My sweet potato vines are taking over our front porch...I need to thin them out a bit! And we got a new welcome mat from Target! You can't beat $12 of bright colored goodness! 


Then came the big fun...the $9 bubble machine from, of course, Target that was such a hit! I think the adults liked it just as much as the little ones! 

{side note...I'm not with child...this skirt just isn't the most flattering in pictures...}



Told you...I'm pretty sure our neighbors kids were dying...don't worry...we invited them over! 


My husband...he's the best! 




Which side note...we did human bubbles a few weeks ago...holy amazing! Did this with my school kiddos and decided to share the fun! So awesome! 




We were going to spend the afternoon in the pool...but it decided to rain...Lily pretty much sums up how we all felt! 


I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment