Wednesday, April 22, 2015

{Showering This Baby}

Just a warning...this is a long one...with LOTS of pictures! 

But for documenting sake...I just couldn't cut any out! 

We were blessed to have three wonderful showers thrown for us! 

Our first shower was a couples shower hosted by Alex's mom and sister. 

It was just the most precious and sweet shower for a little boy! 

The details were to die for!

I'm a lover of balloons...big time! So this massive balloon that greeted us got me all giddy!





A wall of balloons...hello!


The little trucks were Wendel's when he was little! They were all over the place holding things perfectly!


Stripey straws...they are a must!


Hello...a little red wagon holding water bottles...can it get any cuter?


There were about sixty or so people at the shower...yes...60! So we didn't really do games. But this was the perfect competitive game to play during the time. My niece and nephew got pretty into it...but I'm pretty sure they were straight up stealing them in the end. 


The men got to take home a cigar and the ladies got to take home chocolate!





Another truck holding utensils...again...the details!


A pair of Wendel's shoes made an appearance! The cutest little feet! 


I really wanted to get group shots, but by the time people started arriving, it got crazy, and never did. Which makes me so sad! I wanted pictures with all the different groups there, but oh well! Coulda, shoulda, woulda, I'll learn my lesson sometime! 


Our second shower was a sweet little tea party with my side of the family! It was dainty, and fancy, and perfect!


My mom got out all of the fancy glass dishes and made all of my favorite tea treats! 

My mom did teas with me all growing up! I played tea as a child, and had my own tiny tea set. 

Now my mom has carried that tradition with our nieces.

We actually quite regularly have fancy tea parties, so it was special to do a tea party...even if it was in honor of a little boy. 

And I hate to tell him, but I have a strong feeling he'll be forced by two precious little girls to have tea parties with them. Hopefully Charlie can break him loose every now and then! 



And because why not...a mirror shot while I was snapping photos before people arrived! 


My sister-in-law had these adorable and delicious cookies made as party favors! 

All individually boxed and precious! 


Mad I didn't get the cookie out of the box and take a cuter picture...but oh well!


And I learned my lesson {thanks to my sister-in-law for reminding me} and we got group pictures! 

This is my mom's side of the family! I was so thankful for everyone who came because none of them are in the area. All of these sweet ladies drove over an hour for this shower, and I was so incredibly honored they did! 


These are some of my mom's friends and have watched me grow up since I was in my madre's womb! They are sweet, kind, and I was so thankful they came! 


My mother-in-law and sister-in-law came too! So happy they came to partake in the fun!


I wanted a picture with my "moms" and Lily and Mae neeeeeeded to be in the picture...so here they are!


And with my sisters! My brother's wife, Jodi on the left, my sister Laura, and Wendel's sister, Andi on the right!


And my nieces! The most precious "little" women in my life! And yes...that's my niece and she's graduating from high school this year and I could just die!


And I had to include a few snapshots from the day!

These little girls are too excited about "THEIR baby Austen" and I have a feeling he is going to be fought over once or twice, but he is one blessed little boy to have these cuties fighting over him! 



Getting a shot with these cuties is getting harder and harder!


But they sure are cuties! 


I literally HATE pictures of me opening presents...they're so awkward, but I HAD to share this one! 

Wendel's mom has been pulling out all of his baby clothes and this little ditty TOOK THE CAKE!

Ya'll...that would be a purple, leopard print, baby, SPEEDO!

I could have died! 


These perfectly sum up my reactions to this precious gift...



And because I know you're curious...here's a picture of the speedo in action. Which in reality, was just a diaper cover-up, but I'm still calling it a speedo...because that's funnier. 

Yes, there's a matching leopard shirt that goes with it. And his sister had a similar bathing suit to match...also...isn't she just precious? And poor Wendel is just trying to sit up for dear life! 


Our last shower was a book shower with the staff of my school! 

It was such a blast seeing the incredible books that teachers picked out! 

Austen has quite the library! 

This is the only picture I got {except for the lovely "me opening presents and looking atrocious pictures" that my sweet assistant took...thanks Renee} but I'm so thankful for this picture. 

Many of you may know, but I'm SO thrilled to be staying home with Austen next year. I'm so honored and feel blessed to get to be a stay-at-home mama, but I am going to MISS these ladies and my job! It's been such a joy!

It blows my mind that in just two years, I'll be walking Austen up to Bluebird to be taught by these ladies! And he will be one blessed little boy to have them in his life! 


And with that, we're ready! We were blessed beyond belief with sweet gifts, books, and mementos, and cannot wait to get Austen here to enjoy everything! 

Let the waiting begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment