Wednesday, January 9, 2013

{A New Year, Fresh New Goals}

So I really don't like the word resolution...it just screams "you're going to screw this up soon..."

But I love me a list of goals to accomplish! 

It's like my to-do list for the week that I can slowly cross off...ah the feeling of crossing things off your list! 

So here are a few of my goals for this year...will I stick with them all? Hopefully! 

Will I throw a hissy fit if I don't...hopefully not...

{But when you see our 2012 to-do list and how we totally slacked on half of them...you'll see how most of these will probably be slacked on as well...unfortunately!}

Lelia's Goals for 2013

1. Keep the weight loss off

So I have kept my weight off for a year and a half {with a little fluctuating here and there...} and I am hoping I can keep it up!! It's a lot of work, but it's a goal I will have for the rest of my life! 

2. Read a book a month

So I really am not a fan or reading...well reading chapter books...I can read a million picture books like no other! But I've decided I need to be more intentional about reading! so I think a book a month is do-able! I'm really hopeful about this! 

3. Be more realistic

So I have this idea that I have to be perfect...all the time. Perfect wife, daughter, sister, aunt, daughter-in-law, teacher, friend. I put way too much pressure on myself and I. Need. To. Quit! So I'm going to try to give myself a break and be more realistic this year!

4. No More Diet Coke

After reading so many articles about how diet coke is linked to cancer...I've decided it's no bueno. I don't want to do anything that might lead to cancer. I totally am 100% annoyed with people who smoke...isn't there enough research to show that it's bad? So how can I judge people who smoke if I'm doing something that may lead to a similar cancer. Dramatic probably...but I'm hoping for more water {with a tea every now and then} and no mas diet coke...tear, tear, tear! 

5. Get out of my comfort zone with fashion

So I was doing a pretty good job with outfit posts on the blog, so I've got to get back to that! I really love clothes {I don't know if I could call myself a lover of "fashion"} and I want to always be experimenting and stepping out of my very comfortable box! So hopefully I can stick with this one too!! 

I think that's all! We have some different goals for our house this year, and I can't wait to share them!! 

So tell me...what are your goals for 2013? 

No comments:

Post a Comment