Thursday, June 14, 2012

{My Favorite Things: For Summer}

Hello out there! I have been super busy this week, but I wanted to drop by with a quick post about a few of my favorite things for summer time! Here they are! 

1. Essie Nail Polish

This is my new favorite brand of nail polish! I used to be an OPI snob, but I love their bold colors and how perfectly they paint on! I'm also loving that pop of sparkle on the one nail! Going out to Target  to get a pretty sparkly polish ASAP.


2. White Pants

It is a very sad thing that I don't have a pair of these versatile white pants for summer! There are so many ways to wear them and dress them up/down. Must go shopping and pick up a pair of these! 




3. Our Cutting Garden

Alex and I started our very own cutting garden this summer. We have been collecting different beautiful perennials and planting them on the side of our house where we had nothing growing there before. It will take a few years for it to look like a true cutting garden, but we are loving trimming them and putting them in my favorite Kate Spade bud vase! 


4. Bold, Colorful Necklaces

If you see me out and about, you will probably see me with a super chunky necklace. I am obsessed! I think they make an outfit feel fresh and special. I have three that I am currently wearing a ton:

This yellow beauty from J Crew Factory that I can't find online anymore...sorry! 



This necklace that I made from this tutorial. 



And this knock off a J Crew necklace that I bought from Ebay!! I'm obsessed!! 


5. My Husband



While I'm gimpy, this man has been a Saint! He has been cooking, cleaning, and taking care of me on top of going to work everyday! I am so thankful that he is such a relaxed, wonderful, and forgiving (I am an emotional girl for heaven sake!) man that loves me! I have been joking that if we're still married by the time I can walk again, it will be a miracle! But the truth is that this whole experience has taught us so much, and has helped us grow together! 

What are some of your favorite things this summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment