Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all are soaking up your last few weekends of summer weather! I'm so excited for fall time, but am sad about having to close the pool in a few weeks! We spent our weekend building something super exciting for my classroom, and I can't wait to share the final product!
So I recently shared the Around The Clock Bridal Shower my sister and I co-hosted recently, and I am so excited to be sharing two very unique games with you today!
The first game is one that I've never heard of before, and my sister randomly thought of it! Let me tell you...it was a hit! It had everyone laughing and reminiscing!
Name That Groom
So here's how the game works. We brainstorm some celebrity couples, and showed everyone a picture of just the bride. The object of the game was to name the groom that go with that bride.
It. Was. Hilarious!
So much harder than you would think!
I made a very simple worksheet for people to use on Word...the simpler, the better people!
Then I used two different types of scrapbooking paper to mount the pictures. I liked using black as the background so the picture could really pop off of the red paper. Then I put the name of the bride on the bottom.
On the other side, so the same thing, but put the picture of the couple.
Then just hot glue the two together using a large Popsicle stick as your holder.
Now I'll be honest. It is really hard to find celebrity wedding photos online. I ended up using normal pictures in the end, but don't worry about that! Here are the couples we used:
1. Prince William and Katherine Middleton
2. Lamar Odom and Khloe Karshashian Odom
3. Kim Kardashian and Chris Humphries
4. Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith
5. President and Michelle Obama
6. Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker
7. Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones
8. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson
9. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
10. Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert
11. David and Victoria Beckham
12. Ozzie and Sharon Osborn
13. Prince Charles and Princess Diana
I'll be honest, it was harder than I thought!
Okay, so now on to game number two!
Who Said It?
I got this idea from this cute blog I found on Pinterest
You ask the bride and groom 10 or so of the same questions.
Then you read one of their answers, and the guests have to decide if he said it or she said it.
If you think He said it, then you hold up the mustache. If you think She said it, then you hold up the lips.
Are these things necessary...no...but they make it a LOT more fun!
These are the questions I asked:
1. Describe how you two met.
2. What was the moment you realized you wanted to get married?
3. What is your favorite thing about your mate?
4. What are you most excited about for marriage?
5. Describe your first date.
6. What are your expectations of marriage?
7. How many children do you want?
8. Where is one place you would like to travel to together?
9. If you two have a fight, who will be the one to "fix" it?
10. What is the most fun thing you two have done together?
How did I make them? Template online, scrapbooking paper, LOTS of cutting, and hot clue it on a stick.
Easy enough, right?
It was so cute to hear their answers!
Let's just said there was lot of explaining...
Lots of giggling...
And lots of blushing...for the mother of the groom.
The word consummation may have been mentioned...awkward!
We had such a blast with these games! They are fun, light heart-ed, and really helped us to get to know the couple!